Subject: Re: memory leak
From: "Daniel J. McCoy" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 15:29 PDT

Stuart posted a message to the plug-in mailing list last week or two about
this.  Both he and Allen stumbled across a Microsoft bug in the free()
memory function that, rather than deallocating memory, marks the memory as
being "freed".  I'm not sure if Microsoft will ever get off it's butt to fix
this bug but a workaround was published a few months back that Stuart and
Allen didn't see (John Foust even let 'em know about it way back then).  Now
that they know about the workaround, they've fixed the bug.  When NewTek
will make this version available (and I hope they make it available
publically via a patch available on their BBS and/or FTP site) is anyone's
guess.  Stuart mentioned something about another press of the CD.  I sure
hope we won't have to wait that long!  :)

Have fun!

Dan
Who has a new way of eliminating Microsoft...  Just have OJ endorse
Microsoft products...
--
Daniel J. McCoy - [email-masked] or [email-masked]
WWW - http://www.pacificnet.net/~djmccoy

--
"Daniel J. McCoy" <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]